This article is about controlling the 100 or so species of small nuisance ants that invade and nest inside our homes throughout the world. These include but do not exclude the grease ant, sugar ant, black ant, pavement ant, argentine ant, flying ant, odorous house ant, white footed ant, thief ant, acrobat ant, citronella ant, honey ant, and pharaoh ant.
This article is not about fire ants or carpenter ants. To learn about fire ant control and carpenter ant control click on the links below.
SMALL ANT CONTROL
Sometimes just a cheap spray picked up at the grocery store is
all you need to remove these small pesky ants from your house. But you
would probably not be reading this article if this had worked for you.
How to use Maxforce Ant Bait to control ants invading your home and business.
FOR ANT CONTROL USING BAIT FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES.
1. BAIT INSIDE...The use of ant bait inside
cupboards, closets, window sills, attics, crawl spaces and any other foraging
places is necessary to control nests inside your home. Maxforce
Granular Ant Bait is the best bait for this purpose. The worker ants
distribute it throughout the colony. Control takes 7-14 days. Maxforce
granular bait is a very finely ground bait about the size of pepper. It is very
safe towards non-target organisms such as pets and birds but works on all
species of small ants including the pharaoh, sugar, grease and fire ant. One
container covers 1/3 of an acre so for best results distribute this bait
throughout the house, attic, crawlspace and outside along the foundation.
Maxforce also comes in Maxforce Ant Bait Stations for really neat people. We also sell Drax Ant Bait Jel for the times that the ants prefer a sweet bait.
2. BAIT OUTSIDE...If you just bait inside then
you are inviting all the ants in the neighborhood to enter your house and have a
snack. This is a losing battle. Bait outside around the foundation
and on the window sills. Maxforce Granular works
well for an outside ant bait. One 10 oz. container covers 1/3 of an acre, so use
the entire container for best results. Maxforce also works on fire ants.
Use the Drax Liquidator bait stations for sweet feeding ants.
3. SPRAY OUTSIDE...One week after the outside baiting use a good residual spray containing cypermethrin to spray all the entry points into the house such as windows, doors, fireplaces, plumbing, etc. This prevents the ants from re-establishing their scent trails and re-colonizing your house. This spray will also prevent roaches, spiders and crickets from entering your home. Repeat this perimeter spray once a month. Failure to repeat this step will allow ants to re-enter your home, many times in as little as 4-6 weeks!!!
1. Bait inside...Use 1/2 of a 10 ounce container of Maxforce granular bait and all of the Drax inside. Put bait under appliances and sinks. Do NOT spray inside for 7 days.
2. Spray outside...Spray 4-8 gallons of a cypermethrin solution outside only. Quantities must be used to insure proper penetration through the mulch and leaf litter. In addition spray all the entry points going to the inside of the house, such as windows, doors, plumbing, fireplaces, etc.
3. Spray inside...After letting the bait stay undisturbed for one week (giving the workers plenty of time to pick it up and take it back to the nest) , then you can spray about one gallon of a cypermethrin solution inside and outside. Cypermethrin comes in many different sizes. See below or follow the links for a complete description of the most popular ones. In chronic infestations dust the electrical boxes with DeltaDust.
Maxforce Granular is $14.02 for a 10 oz. jar
Maxforce Bait Stations are $32 for a pack of 24
Drax Ant Bait is $11.35 for 34 grams
Drax Liquidator is $36 for a box of 6 or $6.95 each
Demon WP is $18.70/pk of 4
Demon EC pint is $63
Cynoff EC quart is $89, this size makes 64 gallons
Delta Dust is $20 for a one pound self contained duster
Chapin one gallon insecticide sprayer is $29.50
Best Buy!!!!>>>>>>>>Ant bait kit containing one 10 ounce jar of Maxforce Granular ant bait, 6 liquid bait stations and one syringe of Drax gel bait. Only $50.02. Save $11.35!!!
Best Buy!!!>>>>>>>>Combo bait/spray ant extermination kit containing one 10 ounce jar of Maxforce Granular ant bait, one syringe of Drax gel bait and one pint of Demon EC (makes 32 gallons of finished cypermethrin solution). Only $77.02. Save $11.35!!!
Follow this link to see the products above.
Click here to order your Small Ant Control products
Cypermethrin products cannot be shipped to NY, Ct, or outside of the lower 48 U.S. states.
Pest Control Solutions for the Do-It-Yourselfer
Professional Pest Control Products, Inc.
3300 Saint Mary's Road
Columbus, GA 31906
(706) 682-2314 | Fax: (706) 221-1918 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our other sites: Bugsaway.com, e-Bug.net, SnakeControl.com, AnimalTrap.com, DemonWP.com, Professional Pest Control